Site Newb
    Thanks
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

Verizon Unauthorized Software message

Hi Scott,
    I just rebooted my phone and when it restarts it shows the Samsung Custom unlocked symbol and then goes straight to a message from Verizon that says,"System software not authorized by Verizon wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help"
    I can't get past this message and it won't let me boot into recovery. I also can't boot into the mode that would allow me to use ODIN. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?
    Thanks for any help you might offer,
    Willie

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Site Newb
    Thanks
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    I've had the same problem. Vol Down + Home button + Power takes you to download mode to run Odin. I had to in reinstall stock rom, reinstall custom recovery, and re-unlock bootloader. When it happened to me, I think that the bootloader wasn't unlocked correctly. Xda has the info needed to follow. Good luck.

Thanks
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 28/0
    Given: 22/0
    cmtag has the solution from what I have seen. Odin back to an early ICS ROM such as the orignal F2 and that will relock bootloader. Then build it back up after rooting and unlocking bootloader.

Start with section 5 here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1762709

Steve

Site Newb
    Thanks
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Hello again,
    Thanks for the advice. I now have my phone back to a stock,rooted rom. I want to flash Scott's 5.5.2 but I am afraid of soft bricking my phone and receiving that dreaded Verizon message again. I must say I was in panic mode for several hours until I got it sorted out. Is there a way to prevent this from happening again?
    Once again, thanks you very much for your expert advice. You guys saved the day.
    Take care,
    Willie

Thanks
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 123/3
    Given: 86/0
    Yep, make sure you UNLOCK BOOTLOADER....

If you fail to do this it will happen again.

Thank you Verizon!

Donations gratefully accepted but never expected!